Vice President of Product (US)
Aivo Health is changing the way we treat chronic pain by targeting the brain to remodel neural pathways for pain relief. We are now looking for a VP of Product to join our ambitious team in building the first precision care digital health company for chronic pain management. If creating societal change while creating great software is on your bucket list, you have found the perfect opportunity to do just that.
Aivo Health is changing the way we treat chronic pain by targeting the brain to remodel neural pathways for pain relief. We achieve this through a variety of online and in-app therapeutic content, ranging from meditation and pain education to goal setting and habit building. Our content is dynamically personalized for each individual user to create a revolutionary new way to treat chronic pain. Our first clinical trial shows 49% of our program participants achieve meaningful pain relief with our proven approach.
We are looking for a VP of Product to join our ambitious team in building the first precision care digital health company for chronic pain management. If creating societal change while creating great software is on your bucket list, you have found the perfect opportunity to do just that.
What you will do
You will have ownership of the product, be part of the management team of Aivo Health and report directly to the CEO. This position will initially be located in the US. We prefer the Chicago area but we can consider an outstanding candidate working remotely, as well.. You are responsible for developing operations in a way that is scalable as the company grows and moves certain functions from Finland to the US.
You will lead product creation from vision to roadmapping and be responsible for coordinating all activities required to bring the product to market in close cooperation with engineering. This includes making sure the user experience is consistent over online and offline touchpoints and the product releases are on time and on quality. You will also resolve any daily internal and external problems and challenges in product management that affect the products financial and market success.
Our product is of enterprise grade complexity with various stakeholders and subsystems. The user experience centers around a well-designed consumerized mobile app. We work at the intersection of cutting edge pain neuroscience, data science & machine learning, and clinical expertise. New clinical discoveries will be made from tracking the mix of treatments delivered, and individual, clinical impact, based on self-reported patient data. This affects the product and you must be familiar with the Lean Startup Methodology including rapid iterations.
- Hiring, leading and managing the product (what) function in close cooperation with engineering (how).
- Integrating various product aspects (e.g. content, design, software, data science, machine learning) into a coherent and executable whole product vision, roadmap and actual product deliveries.
- Refining and communicating the product vision (mobile, web, cloud) internally and externally.
- Communicate with, align, and coordinate work between various functions across sites.
- Work closely with engineering on the technical specifications, making sure teams have all the information they need in order to deliver a complete product.
- Successfully delivered a complex software product to market on time and on quality.
- You need to be a demanding, goal-oriented people leader, who still at the end of the day is perceived as fair.
- Experience with management of complex, technological products.
- Demonstrated ability to design and deliver on product roadmap.
- Clear understanding of agile principles.
- Excellent communication skills: being comfortable interfacing between academia and industry as well as different internal functions in a cross-cultural setting.
- Experience on building consumer mobile apps, especially within the fitness and digital health domains.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
Say Hello to Aivo Health
Aivo is a digital therapeutics company for chronic pain management. We empower patients and put an online specialty medical clinic to their pocket and deliver premium yet affordable care for chronic pain safely and sustainably, without the risks, costs, or side effects of opioid medications or surgery. Our innovations in pain neuroscience, behavioral science, data science, and digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the chronic pain treatment paradigm from ad hoc random encounters to continuous precision care. We hold essential IP on how to dynamically personalize treatments based on in-app psychological profiling.
What we offer
- Competitive salary, equity, and health benefits
- Professional growth opportunities
- Remote working flexibility
- Collaboration with achievers and dreamers who make big things happen
Why we think you’d like it here
We care deeply about our employees and value proactive communication. We achieve our goals by keeping promises and supporting each other with empathy, respect, and a dry sense of humor. Our team is united by a drive to create meaningful change for people who suffer from chronic pain.
Aivo Health does not discriminate on the basis of age, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.