Data Scientist (US)
Aivo Health is looking for a Data Scientist to join our ambitious team in building the most valuable digital health company on this planet. If creating societal change is on your bucket list, you have found the perfect opportunity to do just that.
Approximately 20% of adults suffer from chronic pain that drastically diminishes quality of life. Aivo Health is building the first truly personalized, science-based, and data-driven pain management solution for chronic back pain. We are a well-funded, high performing multidisciplinary team comprising design, engineering, and business, with cutting edge science from the Apkarian Lab at Northwestern University.
What we’re looking for
You are a fiercely creative data scientist who is passionate about understanding human behavior. You will lead the development of dynamical prediction algorithms for clinical health outcomes. You will collaborate closely with a powerhouse research team at Northwestern University, led by neuroimager and chronic pain expert Vania Apkarian. You will explore, iterate, and optimize models based on a rich and expanding proprietary real-world data set. You play an active role in defining the analytical paths we pursue. You will coordinate efforts between technical and data science teams based in Finland and Armenia, respectively. This is a rare opportunity to build a transformational new model of chronic pain treatment that will change the lives of hundreds of millions worldwide.
- Model dynamics of human psychology.
- Implement hierarchical model generalizing predictability of human psychology from the individual to the population.
- Implement reinforcement learning algorithms to optimize management of human psychology.
- Deliver AI/ML algorithms from conception to launch: Build end-to-end machine learning systems on large scale clinical data.
- Research methods and architectures, read papers, implement and deploy new algorithms.
- Work with latest AI/ML frameworks.
- Communicate results and explain models to R&D and commercial teams.
- Trained in Neuroscience and/or Computer Science & Statistics/Math, e.g. MS or PhD in Computational Neuroscience, Cognitive Neuroscience, Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, Econometrics, Biomedical Engineering, or a related field.
- Demonstrated track record of building and using machine learning models for forward and backward prediction of human behavior.
- Demonstrated ability to design, implement, and monitor performance of novel algorithms, including version control.
- Diverse data science stack experience, including data engineering, statistics-based feature selection, and feature engineering of real-world data.
- Extensive experience with exploratory and statistical data analysis of real-world data, with a zest for discovery.
- Independent self-starter who always delivers on time and exceeds expectations.
- Excellent communication skills: comfortable interfacing between academia and industry.
- Extensive expertise in Python or R.
- Natural curiosity and interest to actively monitor latest domain developments.
- Previous startup experience.
- Comfortable navigating client interactions.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and health benefits.
- Professional growth opportunities.
- Remote flexibility.
- Open vacation policy
- Collaboration with achievers and dreamers who make big things happen.
- Dynamic and supportive team on a mission to cure chronic pain.
We think you would like it here because:
We care about our employees and value proactive communication. We achieve our goals by keeping promises and supporting each other with empathy, respect, and a dry sense of humor. Our team is united by a drive to create meaningful change for people who suffer with pain. Aivo Health does not discriminate on the basis of age, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.