Content Director (US)
Aivo Health is changing the way we treat chronic pain by targeting the brain to remodel neural pathways for pain relief. We achieve this through a variety of in-app therapeutic content, ranging from meditation and pain education to goal setting and habit building. Our content is dynamically personalized for each individual user to create a revolutionary new way to treat chronic pain. Our first clinical trial shows 49% of our program participants achieve meaningful pain relief with our proven approach.
We are looking for a Content Director who will lead the content creation process for the US market.
The ideal candidate is an expert in creating world-class digital content for behavioral change. This person is highly collaborative, detail-oriented, and a strong communicator and works cross-functionally with researchers, content experts, product, and data teams. To be successful, this Content Director should be comfortable with ambiguity, enjoy problem solving and psychology, have a clear creative vision, and have a hands-on proactive attitude. This person understands or is willing to learn to understand the suffering of a chronic pain patient to form a highly empathetic tone of voice.
Our target audience is predominantly women (ages 40-60) who have experienced moderate to severe chronic pain for many years. Our target audience has exhausted standard medical treatments and remains motivated to explore a mind-body approach to chronic pain self-management.
This is a rare opportunity to transform the way chronic pain is treated. You have the opportunity to join a team that will change the lives of millions of people worldwide.
How your skills and passion will come to life at Aivo:
As the director of editorial and content, you will be responsible for leading and executing the editorial and content strategy and teams creating all Aivo in-app content.
- You are a great storyteller and keep our participants engaged on a daily basis and beyond a year.
- You will develop a unique empathetic tone of voice across all content that appeals with our target audiences. You ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality, and tone of voice. In the future, several tones of voices may be needed for different audience segments.
- You will translate complicated scientific concepts into easily digestible and actionable bite-sized in-app consumer experiences targeted for laypeople.
- You will write original content and collaborate with our in-house researchers, writers, and content experts. In the future, you will form and lead a team of freelance writers who are subject matter experts in their own domains (e.g., mindfulness, sleep stories, stress management).
- You will create, own, and optimize the whole content creation process and related in-house tools. Our content types include text, video, animation, and voice. Thus oversight of digital media production is part of the job.
- You will work with the product to make sure the content is nicely integrated and accessible within the app to maximize engagement.
- You will partner closely with the data and science teams to evaluate which of our content performs best and provides best clinical efficacy. Then you’ll produce more content that aligns with these standards.
- You will secure speaking talent to work with us and/or license content in the areas of pain management, meditation/mindfulness, sleep, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and stress management.
- You will ensure flawless on-time and on-budget execution of in-app content creation which is tightly coordinated with the product team and integrated into the Aivo mobile app. We use Asana for project management.
Play your part in our team’s success
As the Content Director you are uniquely placed at the intersection of product, content, and data science to produce delightful in-app content experiences to participants that maintain long-term app use and produce a life-changing health impact for them: lasting pain relief.
With a focus on quality, creativity, and efficacy, you ensure the best solutions for stakeholders.
What you have accomplished:
- 3-5 years of experience working in printed media/digital media/journalism.
- 2+ years of experience in production and/or creative direction.
- Outstanding American English
- Experience with a range of digital formats and a strong portfolio of creative and innovative work.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to work cross-functionally and provide direction to internal and external partners.
- Ability to strategize and create world-class content from concept to production.
- Strong network and experience in resourcing projects.
Nice to have:
- Natural curiosity and interest in psychology and neuroscience
- Understanding of different media types, their strengths and weaknesses
- Past startup experience
- Personal experience as a chronic pain patient
Say Hello to Aivo Health
Aivo is a digital therapeutics company for chronic pain management. We empower patients and put an online specialty medical clinic to their pocket and deliver premium yet affordable care for chronic pain safely and sustainably, without the risks, costs, or side effects of opioid medications or surgery. Our innovations in pain neuroscience, behavioral science, data science, and digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the chronic pain treatment paradigm from ad hoc random encounters to continuous precision care. We hold essential IP on how to dynamically personalize treatments based on in-app psychological profiling.
What we offer
- Competitive salary, equity, and health benefits
- Professional growth opportunities
- Remote working flexibility
- Collaboration with achievers and dreamers who make big things happen
Why we think you’d like it here
We care deeply about our employees and value proactive communication. We achieve our goals by keeping promises and supporting each other with empathy, respect, and a dry sense of humor. Our team is united by a drive to create meaningful change for people who suffer with chronic pain.
Aivo Health does not discriminate on the basis of age, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.